Which version of Qubes OS 3 or 4 is better?

I’m a Qubes OS 3.2.1 with a Lenovo Thinkpad t420, but I tried the 4 version but it failed. Here is the question, but how are 3 and 4 different, which one is better? By the way, the details of the error are this.

DomO Error

/usr/bin/qym-start, 'sys-firewall] failed: stdout:"

stderr:

"Start failed: invalid argument: could not find capabilities for archx86-64, see /var/log/libvirt/libxl/libxl-driver.log for details

I got the following error while I was installing Qubes OS.

I installed without worrying about this.

Unsupported Hardware Detected This hardware lacks features requiredby Qubes OS. Missing features: HVM/VT-x/AMD-V, IOMMU/VT-d/AMD-Vi,HAP/SLAT/EPT/ RVI, Interrupt Remapping.

1 Like

Qubes OS 3.2.1 is no longer supported and EOL. It will no longer get security updates and should not be used, move to Qubes OS 4.0/4.0.1. Also, in the other thread iIstated that you should read the docs before asking further questions in the thread you opened a few minutes before this one, this is something you could have easily known by looking at the big red warning above the download button of 3.2.1. I am giving you an official warning now, as you seem to be completely unreactive to the stuff we are telling you. First go into the documentation and actully try to solve it yourself.

3 Likes

The newer version is always better.

It looks like your computer does not support some virtualisation features, which Qubes may require as it heavily relies on virtualisation. See here https://www.qubes-os.org/news/2016/09/02/4-0-minimum-requirements-3-2-extended-support/.

As Qubes OS 3 is now unsupported, you are far better off switching to an alternative operating system than hanging around on this one. Try installing Whonix instead.

1 Like

If all else fails, read the docs!! (Right?)

2 Likes

What is the required BIOS setting?

You need to activate virtualization

his laptop doesn’t support it.