Whats the best to get Umatrix and ublock to work together?

what is the best way set up to get ublock Origin and umatrix them to work in synergy or at list as close to it as possible?

They both work together with no issues.

I would not however recommend using uMatrix and Noscript at the same time however as that would be rather redundant.

With uMatrix, I’d configure it How to block 1st party scripts everywhere by default.

If you use Decentraleyes you’ll want to do add some exceptions.

This is how I have my browser set up.

1 Like

What’s the point of blocking 1st scripts if I have JS already disabled by default on uB O?
Do you use all of those extensions?

they work together fine it just most ppl not recommend it because they do same thing (at least mostly) and if you really wanna use both then you can spread tasks. I mean you can do all of work via one addon but you can just spread them like block JS by uMatrix and block photos by UBO and so on (see what fits you, but again both of them do same thing so just use one)

\If you’re using uMatrix as well you would not disable JS with uBlock as it’s far less flexible and gives you far less control. uBlock only lets you control per page/site.

uMatrix is particularly suited to seeing what third party scripts, and cross site requests etc are allowed. It’s finer grain control.

1 Like

Yes, I understand now, thanks.

Do you use all of the other add-ons? Do you think they are totally necessary?

They do different things, so yes.

The addons I use are listed here. (The only two listed there that aren’t related to privacy are Tree Style Tab and Tridactyl).

I’m a big fan of using the ghacks-user.js preference file with a few overrides user-overrides.js as for most things you don’t actually need an addon.

Not all features and enhancements in Firefox are exposed preferences page. Some of these settings do in fact break some sites, and for those I just use the Tor Browser.

The second main difference with my addon choices is that I prefer to use Temporary Containers as opposed to Cookie Autodelete. The reason for that is because Cookie Autodelete (and other cookie deleting addons) cannot clear IndexedDB, Service Workers cache, appCache, or cache by host.

Clearing cookies and localStorage on their own while leaving orphaned persistent data is a false sense of privacy.

The unfortunate thing is Temporary Containers doesn’t work on the Android Firefox browser because that browser doesn’t have programming interfaces that Temporary Containers requires to work.

For that I am forced to use Cookie Autodelete (configuration here). Fortunately, I don’t do too much web browsing from my phone.

I’m going to check these, Tridactyl seems interesting. Is your window not too tiny with a 1000x1000px resolution and the tree style tab?

I tried using TC but it overrode my uB O settings and disabled my ad blocking, so I had to uninstall it because it was too annoying, but I was using FF ESR, so I’m pretty sure it was related to that.

This is being deleted when you close the browser, right? But I get you, while browsing that metadata is still alive and can communicate between tabs.

I really wish mobile browsing could be more pleasant.

Is there a difference between “Always use private browsing mode” and “Never remember history”? Because I think Multi Account Containers will not work with the first setting.

sorry for the delay in reply i was hell a buisy lately

first of all thanks a lot for the help
its much clearer now!

just another thing i would like to ask

is using firefoxx multitab container is as good as using several different browsers?

cuse right now i have browser for general browsing.
browser for more mainstream websites.

and another websites for more “privacy safe website”

only in the lost two im doing any logging in to any accounts

They do different things, so yes.

The addons I use are listed here . (The only two listed there that aren’t related to privacy are Tree Style Tab and Tridactyl).

I’m a big fan of using the ghacks-user.js preference file with a few overrides user-overrides.js as for most things you don’t actually need an addon.

Not all features and enhancements in Firefox are exposed preferences page. Some of these settings do in fact break some sites, and for those I just use the Tor Browser.

The second main difference with my addon choices is that I prefer to use Temporary Containers as opposed to Cookie Autodelete. The reason for that is because Cookie Autodelete (and other cookie deleting addons) cannot clear IndexedDB, Service Workers cache, appCache, or cache by host.

Clearing cookies and localStorage on their own while leaving orphaned persistent data is a false sense of privacy.

The unfortunate thing is Temporary Containers doesn’t work on the Android Firefox browser because that browser doesn’t have programming interfaces that Temporary Containers requires to work.

For that I am forced to use Cookie Autodelete (configuration here ). Fortunately, I don’t do too much web browsing from my phone.

thanks! that is most usefull