What is the cheapest CPU that supports virtualization?

I am looking for a cheap CPU that supports virtualization. However, I do not know which CPU is better. Right now I’m looking for a CPU that supports an OS using QubesOS, a Xen virtualization technology. I have a Lenovo Thinkpad x230.

Purpose of use

We do not play games, videos, or videos with high image quality. Basically, I’m going to run several VMs at the same time to search, email, and program in the browser, so I don’t need a very high quality CPU like the Mac Pro. I can’t afford my wallet.
The following are required for this OS: (Https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/system-requirements/)

Minimum
-64-bit Intel or AMD processor (x86_64 aka x64 aka AMD64)
-Intel VT-x with EPT or AMD-V with RVI
-Intel VT-d or AMD-Vi (aka AMD IOMMU)
-4 GB RAM
-32 GiB disk space

Recommended
-Fast SSD (strongly recommended)
-Intel IGP (strongly preferred)
-Nvidia GPUs may require significant troubleshooting.
-AMD GPUs have not been formally tested, but Radeons (RX580 and earlier) generally work well

Also, please tell me about the following questions about CPU.

1. What are cheap and good quality manufacturers? (I don’t need brand power.) In my opinion, Intel and AMD are equal in quality. Intel has a higher idea.

2. How long is the life of the CPU? Or how many years should I buy a new one?

1. I recommend the AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Processor. Plenty of cores available.

2. I will point to AMD once more, since their Ryzen line of processors are good in quality and price.

3. It depends on usage and quality. Typically a CPU should last several years. I don’t usually find it necessary to get a new one after the latest one arrives. Perhaps purchase a new one after 5 or more years.

Honestly if you are running Qubes, you should not be cheaping out on the processors because virtualization is inherently painfully slow and running multiple simultaneous VMs will trully make CPU speed into crawl.

CPU is not really outsourced to other manufacturers the same way motherboards are so the quality is pretty much homogeneous. If you like Intel, they’re fine. But the general consesus these days are Ryzen is generally better price to performances-wise. Also AMD Ryzen has a more fresher architecture that is not riddled with Microarchitecture Data Sampling exploits the same way Intel is.

These days CPUs are pretty much solid and unchanging. The first to break in a system usually is the capacitors within the motherboard, then the RAM. Buy the highest end CPU you can afford if you dont like to upgrade often. I still rock an i5-6600K and it still is suitable for gaming.

EDIT: Try to get the Ryzen 3900x if you can afford it. It is fast and has a lot of cores. Also, proprietary Nvidia drivers in Linux are just as good as the Windows drivers. I have no experience with Radeons but their open-source drivers should be good.