What firefox add-ons do you use?

On a more serious note, recommended reading for Firefox users: https://12bytes.org/articles/tech/firefox/firefoxgecko-configuration-guide-for-privacy-and-performance-buffs

1 Like

For privacy, I only run UBO with a bunch of extra lists (Privacy, anti-FB, etc.). Between UBO (desktop and mobile) + Pihole on local network and Blockada on mobile, I think I am more or less covered.

Some less well know extensions that I really like:
Simple Context Search - Allows you to search selected text via currently installed search engines via context menu.
Dark Reader - Enable dark mode for websites that don’t have a native dark mode. Their system works really on most websites.
Tabliss - A new tab page addon that focuses on minimalism.

BP Protect
Buster
CanvasBlocker
Chrome ua
Cookie autodelete
Css exfil protection
Decentraleyes
Https everywhere
I don’t care about cookies
nano defender
Noscript only for xss
Privacy possum
Privacy settings
Smart referer
Ublock origin
Umatrix with stevenblacks host file

1 Like
  1. Decentraleyes
  2. uBlock Origin
  3. HTTPS Everywhere
  4. Cookie AutoDelete
  5. Privacy Possum
  6. Buster (solves Google CAPTCHA via audio)
  7. Google search link fix
  8. Bitwarden

this is brilliant and well composed. thanks for sharing

• Burner Emails
  • 1password
  • Ublock Origin
  • Privacy Badger
  • Bitwarden
  • HTTPS Everywhere
1 Like

Great resources. You should check out the burner emails add-on. I think it would be a great addition :grinning:

1 Like

How does it run with all of those extensions?

The add-ons that I use the most are: Malwarebytes Browser Extension; DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials; Canvas Defender; Decentraleyes; Facebook Container, uBlock Origin; Privacy Badger; HTTPS Anywhere, WebRTC Control; KProxy Extension for Firefox; Windscribe - Free VPN and Ad Blocker, Cookie AutoDelete and Privacy Possum
Ubuntu MATE 18.04.
Y also use Brave browser and TOR browser with Polipo and Privoxy and almost the same add-ons for Firefox.

1 Like

I am happy if you found it useful, I think it has multiple issues though and I need to cut some to “worth mentioning” as it’s so long and not all are in daily use.

No worries at all. Not sluggish in the slightest on my computer.

It’s similar to what you said about having an antivirus program on Linux (greater attack surface) - yes?

Holy camoly - that’s a lot of extensions! I find that if you add too many it ends up slowing down the browser and/or your device. Do you experience this at all?

No I have any problem using this add-ons. But I don’t use all of them all the time. For example in some cases I use Kproxy, Cookie AutoDelete and Windscribe. Then I disable them. In others cases I also use Cloud Firewall and Privacy Settings.

1 Like

I do most browsing with the Tor Browser but my Firefox install has:

Cookie Autodelete
Decentraleyes
HTTPS Everywhere
Privacy Badger
uBlock Origin
uMatrix

1 Like
  • uBlock Origin (to block ads)
  • HTTPS Everywhere (to block non-HTTP traffic)

Normally, addons get automatically updated and can access nearly everything you do in your web browser, so we don’t think that one should use dozens of addons.

1 Like

I use:

What does Decentraleyes exactly do?

Prevents sites from loading content from content delivery network services (CDN).

It is one of few add-ons with a really good explanation of it’s effects:

1 Like

i use these ones then i do this and this and this