What can i do? there is nothing called "prepaid" in my country

Hey folks!
as you know (or some of you know) i live in Egypt :smiley: (don’t smile its bad) and i want to you know be more private and try to minimize my data from online and gov side but our gov canceled the prepaid sim cards and in credit cards there is still prepaid but it lost its meaning (see the photo below) Screenshot 2020-08-17 18:16:18
so what can i do ? give me ideas :joy:

Currently I do not know of any solution that will work in your particular jurisdiction.

For a new phone number or sim card this is an infrastructure issue, you will either have to move to another jurisdiction that supports these practices or travel to an area that does not require the same information and bring the sim card back (warning this may incure roaming charges).

As of March 2020, the following countries do not have mandatory SIM card registration laws: Andorra, Bahamas, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cabo Verde, Canada, Colombia, Comoros, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Hong Kong, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Kiribati, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Marshall Islands, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Sweden, United Kingdom, United States of America.

You can always use a VOIP service to use as a secondary or disposible phone number however this won’t help if you require mobile data.

Most jurisdictions impose restrictions on “Prepaid” credit cards or vouchers, a popular one is it is only able to redeem purchases within the host country the card was purchased from. To the best of my knowledge most of this is subject to the UK, US, CA, and MX.

For data, you should use a local prepaid card and combo it with a VPN. Stuff should be still fine behind a VPN.

You probably need to setup SIP/PBX/VOIP servers to get incoming calls. The problem is the cost that you will incur because i believe the rates are insane outside of north america and europe.

This sucks and I feel you.

Can you buy prepaid cards from your neighboring countries and have it active via roaming? Will that work?

i never thought of that but i guess most of other countries are the same…

I’m talking about the card linked with my ID ? or you talk about the sim card?

nah, here for surveillance also about voip services im thinking of it so thanks

You could get a prepaid card with your ID. If VPNs are not outright outlawed, you should be fine.

wait i mean “You talking about the card linked with my ID ? or you talk about the sim card?” (oops, stupid mistake)

also which “card” you mean thats my question xD