Ubuntu added to the OS Recommendations Questions

Hello! Sorry, it’s been quite a while since I have been on. I was just wondering about the addition of the Ubuntu Linux distribution to the list of alternative operating systems. As far as I know, Ubuntu isn’t really as much privacy-oriented/respecting, although still quite good, as much as other Linux operating systems like Linux Mint. I know about the security and user-friendliness reasons to the addition of Ubuntu such as Quality Assurance, the 6-month release schedule, GNOME simple user interface, etc. However, I was curious as to the privacy-specific reasoning behind Ubuntu. In other words, what privacy and privacy-oriented/related strong points does Ubuntu have over other Linux distribution choices? I also do know that, although not nearly as much as Windows 10, that Ubuntu does some data collection such as voluntary hardware information collection upon installation and Snap packages/Snap Store data collection. The other subject I was wondering is if Linux Mint can be an addition to the beginner recommendations list, only for the reason that it is also a major and extremely popular Linux OS that is highly regarded and is also one of the most often recommendations made among Linux users.

Thanks,
PoweredbyThanos

1 Like

Ubuntu wish to create a walled garden like Google Play Store :-1:

1 Like