Ublock and ghostery causing problems

1.i had no ide what happen honestly. all i know that for some reason im starting to get youtube while there were previously blocked.

Problem solved1a

ans much as i amused by youtube for giving me adds in German because my VPN is connected to austrian server
Adds are still annoying. so what can do to fix this:

2:part of my privacy setup is ghostery but lately he does this thing that everytime im opening the browser
and entering a website he opens some kind of his own page

as much as i like ghostery this was annoying enough i had to remove him.
i do not know whats cause of this but if any one does please help me hot to get him to stop?

thanks for advance on the help :smiley:

Edit: another thing that i should mention:
once im connecting my VPN to another country the video is starting straight on with no ads[quote=“Mr_Book, post:5, topic:1053”]
The default UBO config (i.e. regular not medium mode) should block YT adds. I am not sure which exact filter list is responsible for YT, but it should be relatively easy to test.
[/quote]

Problem solved,
I have reinstall firefoxx and started from scratch.
I guess they cught a fingerprint of my browser and shoved adds by force or something

I believe Ghostery is not recommended by the digital privacy community. I believe at one point they sold their users’ data. I would just stick to UBO or possibly uMatrix if you need more control.

1 Like

thanks for the heads up about Ghostery

any idea how do i get my UBO to block youtube adds again?

something i forgot to mention: im using firefox

It’s also redundant to use both.

The default UBO config (i.e. regular not medium mode) should block YT adds. I am not sure which exact filter list is responsible for YT, but it should be relatively easy to test.

Problem solved i reinstalled firefoxx and started from scratch

I guess they cught a fingerprint of my browssr and shoved adds by force