Toxic User Mentality?

That’s very interesting because I find any privacy/FOSS community’s great.

1 Like

Most of the time, I do, but I guess it all depends. They can be like neighborhoods that way. For example, in some neighborhoods, if you don’t fit in with the dominant group (whether because of wealth disparity or ethnicity), you’ll be shunned. Other times, those sorts of things don’t matter, and people will eventually accept you as part of the community.

In this forum, at least, I haven’t found that to be a problem, but maybe certain other users did. I was telling the user in question that I really enjoyed it here, and hoped that I wouldn’t run into such petty disputes.

“Apathacan” - what a great word! I think I’ll start using that from now on. I’ve definitely heard the “I am not worried about what others see for I’ve nothing to hide” argument many times, and I think it’s complete bullshit.

I assume that people who say that haven’t been through the nightmare of not only having their information exposed, but having it misused in a malicious way - so I’m here to tell you that I have experienced that, and it’s not fun. Luckily, I started to become a part of the privacy community shortly before then, so I knew people like you folks who could help out.

1 Like

@ virticalizes
I think we’ll find all kinds of people - good, bad or otherwise. It’s in our nature not to be identical.

I like the block feature on social.privacytools.io but prefer forums.privacytools.io since it’s easier focus on specific Privacy Tool topics.

Glad you like “apathacan”. I first used it a long time ago and looked it up in many places but couldn’t find it, so generated the dictionar-ized version of explaining it.

I also very much like the GUI when typing posts/replies. I wonder how it works on a stalker-phone (AKA smart phone). I have not been assimilated into using one, never will. Does the screen look similar on a clever phone? (no such thing as a ‘smart phone’ - clever maybe.)