This forum is dead

Ooh! Dont tempt me, especially with Signal having shenanigans!

Please, reprieve us … :hear_no_evil:
(Thinking about a world where everybody accepts that there isn’t a perfect messenger for everybody, and messengers aren’t a religion …)

2 Likes

What? This thread is about the best secure messenger? It’s Threema of course! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Or we can start the new “best internet browser” (not pale moon) or “best linux distro” war or (insert some other best type of thing war we’ve already done here).

best messenger? clearly that would be write, or talk

4 Likes

Which do you prefer (in general): Reddit or the discussion forum format?

1 Like

Forum!!!

3 Likes

I don’t think this forum is dead, as people are still posting relevant questions on it, or at least they appear to be! As long as that’s the case, and it isn’t entirely comprised of spam, I’d like to keep it going. I’ve found it to be a very helpful resource.

1 Like

Dead ? It’s not dead !

Also I prefer this forum to the reddit sub : since I registered on the forum I had not been insulted once, people here seems to be way more mature and able to respect each other. Thanks PTIO team to have created this forum and keeping it alive :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This forum aint dead, you guys just didn’t have me around :laughing:

3 Likes

ahahah you’re right : more Junkii’s immediatly makes everything feels more “alive” :sweat_smile:

I don’t have a Reddit account.

2 Likes

I also prefer the forum. It’s true is not as active sometimes but just because it’s not bursting with activity means it’s dead or should be shut down. It’s still useful and you can always go back and read previous topics (or use the search functionality to find something that has been already covered).

1 Like

I’m not dead… still here

5 Likes

What kind of dog is that ? A poodle ?

2 Likes

Btw guys, this topic has been viewed 900 times (as of right now) so it’s definitely not dead. If we could have the 850 who don’t write anything to participate in the forum regularly we’ll be buzzing with life and attracting more people.

1 Like

the Forum because reddit is full of sh!t

2 Likes

I removed PTIO subreddit from my favorites yesterday evening because this forum is so much better in terms of respect etc… I still have some other subreddits I am still following for now (for example Protonmail, SelfHosting, Bitwarden…) but I’m seriously thinking to try Mastodon and follow those companies from Mastodon (I didn’t check yet but I assume ProtonMail and Bitwarden may have a Mastodon instance). Ideally I want to ditch Reddit completely. Following PTIO news and learning about privacy was what bring me to Reddit to begin with.

1 Like

well im on those other subreddits for in case i want to ask something not just follow news so this way wont work with me :joy:

Protonmail are available in Mastodon Mastodon

Bitwarden - Still waiting for them to join Mastadon

1 Like