The Unofficial Off-Topic Thread 🥳

:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

This forum is missing an off-topic thread.
So I figured I’d make one.

Possible things to post:

What did you guys do today?
What do you do for fun?
How was work?
Any plans this weekend?

I’ll start:

I spent an hour today building a regex, it was interesting to say the least.

2 Likes

Exams ripping me a new one , but i did get a weeks worth of ready meals for half off :wink: so that makes it better

2 Likes

@Chemex I love it when that happens.
I once found packages of 6 chicken breasts for $0.99 per PACK (of 6).
My freezer looked… interesting…

1 Like

Had a friend over this weekend and we went to an awesome burger place and also went out for trivia night…and some other stuff. :rofl:

2 Likes

today i learned about meshbird :smiley:

…and now imma make brekkie for dinner

2 Likes

Oh, wireless mesh networks? That’s one of my many other areas of interest. I’ve used Freifunk, Netsukuku, cjdns, and Ninux before.

2 Likes

That’s awesome @virticalizes, I’ve only looked into cjdns. What are the others like?

They vary. With Freifunk, I had kind of a weak connection. Netsukuku is interesting, but a little complicated! http://netsukuku.freaknet.org/ I don’t recall if you need special hardware to connect to it.

1 Like

i had a rather unusual but very smart friend who was in med school that got a lot of his food from dumpsters - he came home one day with something like 80 gallons of ice cream in his VW beetle, then he invited a pile of people over for milk shakes

2 Likes

The problem for mesh networks is location, location, location. You’re relying on having many others using mesh networking, hence it’s why I don’t use any mesh networks.

2 Likes

Got a new contract for two months. Starting soon. It will be good to have cash coming in. :slight_smile:

1 Like

:slight_smile: Congrats @Mr_Book !! that must feel great! :moneybag:

Friday boys, finally!

I’ve had a pretty good week. Got Matrix feeling snappy again, applied to a bunch of jobs, have fun plans for this weekend :smile:

1 Like

What are some of your weekend plans @jonah ?

I’ll be coding on a side project this weekend. Sounds boring but I enjoy it a lot. I enjoy the small things in life. Also might hang out with a friend.

they’re super secret plans :eyes:

1 Like

As long as you enjoy them :slight_smile:

Which text editor do you guys use?

I’ve been using nano and Kate for the longest time, looking for something else.

i use nano and kate also, but it seems atom is a really popular editor - i tried it once and it wasn’t for me, but i’m not really a coder

1 Like