- What do you want to recommend?
Software Name: Privacy Browser
Platforms Available: Android
Website Link: Privacy Browser – Stoutner
Available on: The standard version is available on F-Droid, Google Play, the Amazon Appstore, and the Galaxy App Store. The free version has all the features of the standard version with the addition of a banner ad across the bottom of the screen. It is available on Google Play, the Amazon Appstore, and the Galaxy App Store.
- Whether the tool is FOSS, proprietary, free (gratis), or commercial, etc.
Privacy Browser is an open source Android web browser focused on user privacy. It is released under the GPLv3+ license. The source code is available from gitweb.stoutner.com.
Feature requests and bug reports can be submitted at redmine.stoutner.com. There is also a forum to handle technical support.
Privacy Browser development can be followed at Soren Stoutner (@email@example.com) - Fosstodon.
- Whether you are affiliated with or associated with the tool being posted.
No, I am not affiliated with the tool. I know that the developer is very friendly and on F-Droid Forum currently.
- What the tool does, how it’s helpful to promoting privacy.
Privacy Browser has two primary goals.
- Minimize the data that is sent to the internet.
- Minimize the data that is stored on the device.
- What alternatives exist, or your thoughts on why it’s a good addition to the market.
In contrast, privacy sensitive features are disabled by default in Privacy Browser. If one of these technologies is required for a website to function correctly, the user may choose to turn it on for just that visit. Or, they can use domain settings to automatically turn on certain features when entering a specific website and turn them off again when leaving.
- What your relationship is with the project.
Nothing, Of course I am an user. But I talked to Developer (on F-Droid Forum) sometimes and He was really a trustworthy and great developer with focus.
- Any other opinions or thoughts you might have, start a discussion!
It is really a great browser but Its not for everyone. I would like you to look into this project and list on PrivacyTools website.