Privacy Browser

Software Suggestion:

• What do you want to recommend?

Software Name: Privacy Browser
Type: Browser
Platforms Available: Android
Website Link: Privacy Browser – Stoutner
Available on: The standard version is available on F-Droid, Google Play, the Amazon Appstore, and the Galaxy App Store. The free version has all the features of the standard version with the addition of a banner ad across the bottom of the screen. It is available on Google Play, the Amazon Appstore, and the Galaxy App Store.

• Whether the tool is FOSS, proprietary, free (gratis), or commercial, etc.

Privacy Browser is an open source Android web browser focused on user privacy. It is released under the GPLv3+ license. The source code is available from gitweb.stoutner.com.
Feature requests and bug reports can be submitted at redmine.stoutner.com. There is also a forum to handle technical support.

Privacy Browser development can be followed at Soren Stoutner (@privacybrowser@fosstodon.org) - Fosstodon.

• Whether you are affiliated with or associated with the tool being posted.

No, I am not affiliated with the tool. I know that the developer is very friendly and on F-Droid Forum currently.

• What the tool does, how it’s helpful to promoting privacy.

Privacy Browser has two primary goals.

1. Minimize the data that is sent to the internet.
  2. Minimize the data that is stored on the device.
  • What alternatives exist, or your thoughts on why it’s a good addition to the market.

In contrast, privacy sensitive features are disabled by default in Privacy Browser. If one of these technologies is required for a website to function correctly, the user may choose to turn it on for just that visit. Or, they can use domain settings to automatically turn on certain features when entering a specific website and turn them off again when leaving.

• What your relationship is with the project.

Nothing, Of course I am an user. But I talked to Developer (on F-Droid Forum) sometimes and He was really a trustworthy and great developer with focus.

• Any other opinions or thoughts you might have, start a discussion!

It is really a great browser but Its not for everyone. I would like you to look into this project and list on PrivacyTools website.

Thank You.

I have a few phones and one of them is an Android. Theyre google, but they make good cheap burner/alt phones and u can take the batteries out hehehe

It’s pretty good :smiley: its my main browser on Android atm whenever i use Android. I love all of the options in it - proxy connections, custom user agent, disable JS , etc…

Only version 3.4 is installed on my phone hehehe though I DID test it (i test all my software) and found no unsolicited connections or analytics/telemetry tracking in it :slight_smile:

The free version has all the features of the standard version with the addition of a banner ad across the bottom of the screen.

“Privacy focused browser”, with potential ad trackers?

Besides, you’ll stand out as that one guy with a relatively unique browser. So much for privacy! You’re better off with Firefox, using the same extensions that this browser proposes as features, or Tor.

oh, that’s unfortunate, it looks like I’m keeping version 3.4 and not upgrading ever lols. My version installed is like a yr oold so i didnt know about the banner in the i’m guessing newer versions

thnx for letting me know. ya i wouldnt use anything with banners in it

The free/libre version 3.7 from f-droid does not have a banner ad.