Linux sleeping with Microsoft?

Microsoft Teams for Linux client: It’s happening

Microsoft is working on a Teams client for Linux, officials have confirmed, but still no word on when it will arrive.
~ ~ ~ ~

So said the sNews of the day just over a year ago. I smell a rat.

Every smart company has a 1, 2, 5, 10, 25, and 50 year fluid business plans. I do NOT trust Microsoft any more than I trust Facebook, Google, Trump, or the Tooth Fairy… for damned good reasons. Why did they buy GitHub, Hotmail, and many others?

IMHO M$ sneak in as ‘partners’, beat the new family member into submission, chain them into a closet, and gradually assimilate the victims family and friends into the M$ Collective - resistance is/was will be futile. It is easier to quit heroin, cocaine, sex, eating, or breathing than run and/or hide from Microsoft.

Microsoft = Stalk. Monitor. Record. Control.

R.I.P. Github.

~o~

Microsoft purchased github?

This is like a nuclear bomb to the privacy realm

Shouldnt we move all the fdroid and other project source codes away from there?

The purchase happened a while a go. A significant amount of projects left github after the purchase. However, most of the projects I follow/contribute to stayed on github.

Yes - over a year ago, and I thought it’s time to revisit the takeover - is my reason for the post and thanks for your update.

I still wonder, if I smell a rat or my GPU is over-heating. My trusting Microsoft is like trusting the tooth fairy or any politician.
The takeover of GH sounded like a klaxon on a submarine but instead of dive - dive - dive, it’s hide - run - hide.

Now I trust M$Gh as much as I trust privacy in the hands of Facebook.

But back on topic, do you think the GH site/system has improved, stayed the same or worsened, since the takeover? Do you think it was a good deal for the end user/devs?

How easy will it be for Microsoft to ‘addon’ to almost all scripts any Stalkers like they did with Win 10?

~s~

imo , horrible for users. a microsoft backdoor.

privacy-friendly alternatives to github anyone?