Links-Based Console Browsers or Console Alternatives?

Just wondering if any1 here uses console-based web browsers ever ?

I’m a links -g user :slight_smile: BUT, I can’t get graphics mode working while running under IceWM for Linux. Also for version 2.2 under Linux it won’t let you change the user agent…I could probably change it with a HexEditor, yes…

Theres features I like though - you can configure a socks proxy to use it with tor and such.

BUT does any1 know of any better console browsers I can use for when I’m feeling consoleyyyy. I sort of find it a little hard to believe that NO ONE has taken the source code and modified it or improved it to make a fork or new browser based off of it :slight_smile:

I would just use Konqueror and ditch the console lulz but … I don’t think Konqueror allows addons for things like disabling 3rd party images, js, etc… :confused: whereas with console it doesnt support js and u can turn off the image rendering and make it text-only xD. Thoooough, I suppose I would be able to use Konqueror and there is likely an option to turn off images and js on a whim :smiley: I might get it :smiley: Hope it supports socks proxies tho…