I still have to use Gmail and some other Google tools (especially Meet) for work related stuff, and I like watching videos on YouTube sometimes.
So, what would work best to isolate them and not be tracked?
- Just using a different container on Firefox for Google and YT
- Using a different Firefox profile for them
- Using a different browser altogether
My concerns are:
- Since the containers are in the same FF profile, wouldn’t them all have the same fingerprint? (thus being possible to track someone across different containers)
- Is it possible to fingerprint Firefox across different profiles? (I think that’s very unlikely, but maybe not impossible)
Maybe the third option is the safest one. Even if somewhat unpractical, Google stuff might just work better in a chromium-based browser (any suggestions?)