If You Use CLOUFLARE, Did You Read Their Privacy Policy?

Do you you use Cloudflare, and if Yes, did you read the Cloudflare Privacy Policy, and if Yes, do you still use it anyway?

WHY I Asked: (all quotes courtesy of the Cloudflare Privacy Policy)

I read it, and noted the many ambiguous terms used to appear nondescript in every way. For example, on the matter of “information collected” the policy states: (Note my BOLD highlights).

We collect End Users’ information when they use our Customers’ websites, web applications, and APIs. This information may include but is not limited to IP addresses, system configuration information, and other information about traffic to and from Customers’ websites (collectively, “Log Data”).

The “cookie” side of the policy includes a polysemy statement:

We may use cookies and other information gathering technologiesfor a variety of purposes, such as…

and

We may also use cookies and similar technologies to provide you advertising on third-party sites based upon your browsing activities and interests.

SUMMARY: IMO - Clouflare is a service that Stalks, Monitors, Records, and Controls (SMRC) visitors to my web site. And they charge for it.

I can only interpret " based upon your browsing activities and interests" to mean digging into my cookies and browser History, recording it, analyzing it, and storing it for sale and other things.

Food for thought, and privacy. Oh - and you really should read Privacy Policies because most tell you there is no privacy.
~o~

1 Like

Wonder if this effects 1.1.1.1 and Warp…

it applies to every thing that cloudflare owns

I feel tired and fed-up with Cloudflare discussion as it has been talked about so much everywhere and I don’t know if anyone is bringing new arguments.

My biggest problem with the discussions was that no one was giving alternatives, but I am happy to give them now:

I will not apologize for posting more of the “fed-up with Cloudflare discussion” you seem to detest because unlike you, I don’t have the luxury of time, knowledge, or experience you obviously have jet-setting around the WWW reading more about CloudFlare and getting “fed up”… Any way, I was asking people HERE, not on any of the other 1,719,124,370+ (as of 2019-10-05T07:00:00Z ) websites.

People here, most people that is, are different with different approaches, different goals, and more often than not, treat newbies the way wanted to be treated when they were new.

So - great - another Topic-Cop!

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I will apologize though for leaving the toilet seat down, but that’s it.
O

1 Like

I guess the previous Cloudflare thread was Cloudflare DNS Issues & DNS Suggestions.