I picks up amazonWas connection to do not appear on any of anti trackers

So i was trying a new software that

that monitors and shows me all Net traffic done from and 2 my computer and from what application.

and when i entered certain websites. i see Amazonwas connection i
So here is the questions:
1:why dont see those connection on my block/umatrix?

2:is this something to be concerned about?

also for more info this the i get from my software:

TCP DESKTOP-2UTF5OL 59561 ec2-79-125-105-117.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com 443 Established

Amazon (Web Services) is one of those internet giants that are ~impossible to avoid, I don’t know what software connected there in your case, but e.g. Signal is hosted on them and won’t work if you block it. I guess µBlock and µMatrix show the hostname that has been requested, not whether it’s hosted on Amazon or not.

1 Like

I don’t know what software connected there in your case

The program that saw the connection were not excactly connected she is just monitoring the net traffic.
Its called “cumudo kill switch”
The conmection utself came from my browser: firefox, i also tested it with brave and got semilar eesults btw

guess µBlock and µMatrix show the hostname that has been requested, not whether it’s hosted on Amazon or not.

so how come on other websites my umatrix and ublock were able to detect it?

but most importantly if i dont see on my antitrackers defenses?

P.S i get the same thing here on this forum,
my software sees the connection but it does not appear on my umatrix and ublock.

Is the website itself hosted on Amazon and did µ* show AWS being accessed or something being requested from AWS hostname?

You might be interested in this article,

That is strange, PTIO is on OVH in Roubaix, France AFAIK. @jonah ?

Is the website itself hosted on Amazon and did µ* show AWS being accessed or something being requested from AWS hostname?

this is what i see

the article is intresting, but its not really answer my question.
if my anti trackers dont pick this up shoul i still be worried about tracking with this connection?

do you use DDG privacy extension on your browser? I ask because I tried your link and after a couple permissions it redirected to https://duckduckgo.com/
and if it is addon/extension connect to AWS, as Mikaela mention, it is very hard to avoid block since it is backend or storage space for many services, including extensions. but extensions and addons don’t really police each other they operate autonomously and independent of each other, so uBO/uM wouldn’t see or stop another addon from doing its thing.

I do not think you have anything to worry about, unless you favor a rogue extension/addon.

el0Regular

5h

TCP DESKTOP-2UTF5OL 59561 ec2-79-125-105-117.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com 443 Established

do you use DDG privacy extension on your browser? I ask because I tried your link and after a couple permissions it redirected to https://duckduckgo.com/
and if it is addon/extension connect to AWS, as Mikaela mention, it is very hard to avoid block since it is backend or storage space for many services, including extensions. but extensions and addons don’t really police each other they operate autonomously and independent of each other, so uBO/uM wouldn’t see or stop another addon from doing its thing.

I do not think you have anything to worry about, unless you favor a rogue extension/addon.

i didnt install any DDG add on but im my browser is set to do all the search through DDG.
maybe this explains it

its definitely not because you set DDG as default search engine for your browser(s).

I still believe it is an addon/extension and since you mention it happens with both firefox and brave browsers I think to look at what extensions you use on both browsers and go from there.

The screenshot you posted above, does this app (comodo killswitch) you use to watch connections show the process or program making the connections? I imagine it is firefox and brave as you stated, but is that shown to you in comodo killswitch?

edit to add: do you use any proxy for your browser, either direct connect to proxy using browser config or proxy (or VPN) addon/extension?

I dony have any add ons on brave.
Abd yes im using protonVPN

And yes comudu kill switch shows the program made the connection so i know for sure its the browser

I may have assumed too much, turns out that IP 79.125.105.117 is for icons.duckduckgo.com and proxy.duckduckgo.com is what I find for this IP this past year.
https://www.lookip.net/ip/79.125.105.117
https://threatcrowd.org/ip.php?ip=79.125.105.117

so it does appear DDG is that connection, and explains why I got redireted there when trying to open your first post URL :sweat_smile:

I cannot imagine it is to do with it being your default search engine for browser - so assume that IP shows up when you do a search?

1 Like

its possible,both to that forum and the other saide i have attributed that problem two i got through duckduck go search. Cumudo kill switch showed it only later, but maybe there is some kind of delay between the time the connection is made and the time its shows the connection.

I am at a loss over why this is happening. Do you allow predictive- “Speculative pre-connections” or “Prefetching” in browser settings?
eg. Search for text when you start typing in address bar or search field, only thing I can think of that would initiate connection to DDG since it is set as default search engine and that behavior would be expected if not disabled.

I am at a loss over why this is happening. Do you allow predictive- “Speculative pre-connections” or “Prefetching” in browser settings?

yes i did

if allowed then it may be why you see those connections. try disable and see if it still happens.