How to live without a cellphone?

Was going to comment on this, too, there are no scientific evidences that radiation from cellphones or similar devices causes humans any harm, I think I read a paper the other day about that because conspiranoics now think that COVID-19 was caused by 5G. Fuck logic.

1 Like

Look i never used an iPod but i assume its normal phone without sim slot so there is apps like pihole or blockda for iPhone so yeah just install that app, search on hosts file to block ads and trackers then you good to go!

1 Like

I haven’t looked into that. But Open Street Maps has been recommended by alot of users on this forum.

2 Likes

If the phone doesn’t have internet connection and gps capabilities it has little to nothing to track you with. Of course you can still be triangulated using your signal but that’s obviously not passive tracking and only used in emergency situations and usually requires a warrant.

3 Likes

Keep in mind that cellphones/smartphones contain lots of different chips for different functionality. There isn’t only the phone’s operating system (like iOS or Android), but also other chips with their own firmware (e.g., GPS, WiFi, modem, USB OTG, NFC, Bluetooth, cameras, sensors, SIM card). Firmware of these chips can also contain vulnerabilities, independent of the operating system that is exposed to the user.

Furthermore, there are many known attacks on 3G, 4G and 5G protocols.

2 Likes

Since you work in the healthcare industry, I’m sure they make you read some scientific literature on different things. The heat from non-ionizing radiation is not really the problem. There are various health concerns with all forms of EMF radiation. Maybe you haven’t been informed of this or have not heard of this, but there is a difference between industry funded scientific research and studies, and actual independent research and studies. I found some websites and articles online a while ago with links to peer reviewed scientific studies on cellphones, 5G, and other wireless technology (most of which were independently researched) that you as a healthcare provider might be interested in:

https://ehtrust.org/scientific-research-on-5g-and-health/

If you want, you can save and bookmarks these links on your computer, and view them when you have the time.

1 Like

Also here’s some free documentaries on YouTube I just recently watched that you can check out when you have time:

1 Like

Exactly one reason why I eventually don’t want any cellphone.

1 Like

Interesting. But what signal would they be tracking if there’s no internet or GPS capabilities on the device?

1 Like

[quote=“esmailelbob, post:22, topic:3209”]
search on hosts file to block ads and trackers
[/quote] Sorry, what do you mean by that? I don’t know what that means.

1 Like

umm, go on google play or app store on app blockda (or app like it) then in settings you will find files with rules like 0.0.0.0 facebook.com this means it will block facebook when you open it so those files “hosts” have its own rules to block sort of trackers so yeah download blockda (or thing like it on iphone) then import hosts file (it will already come with some hosts file so u can just enable it) — hope you understand now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can’t live.

1 Like

Wat, volt and amps?

1 Like

Handheld GPS unit seems like the obvious solution. Something from Garmin, with a built in graphical map

How about:

• an normal usb mp3 player for music
  • a normal digital camera for photos/videos?

Go old school

1 Like

The problem with the standalone GPS maps is that it can be bothersome to update. I think ive heard of mapping solutions that requires payment for map updates.

The good part about separating gadgets is that you can selectively improve devices when you need it. Bad thing about it is that instead of having a small phone as a daily carry, you may now need a small handbag to bring all your separate stuff. Not to mention their own charging equiptments.

1 Like

Pretty sure that Garmin makes it super simple to update their maps. There has to be some trade off for what you want and what you have to do to achieve it. Can’t just have it handed to you on a silver platter.

1 Like

Avoid embedding youtube videos (as alternative you can embed invidio.us video - front-end page alternative for YouTube) for the sake of the community…

2 Likes

For my threat model, OpenStreetMaps on a phone is sufficient. I dont have a use case for a separate GPS mapping device.

This is about what @privymantus671 needs

While using a GPS device, be attentive to how maps are updated.

The ideal variant would be downloading and just copying (replacing) file on the device.

Though, more and more there is tendency to use vendor special (closed-sourced, of course ) software to “sync” maps (sometimes along with your routes and Points Of Interest), which is, kind of, defeats the whole purpose of getting dedicated GPS device (since this info will end up in vendor’s cloud, and might/will eventually be sold/transferred to 3rd parties).