How bad idea will it be to install add ons on TOR?

so far i have being using firefoxx and i already have my setup
for privancy such as: ghostery,privacy bedger, ublock,umatrix and others.

the thing is i want to start using tor that dosent come built in witht he most of them.
(he also have noscript rather then umatrix and im not a big of fan of this one)

so… how bad can it be if i install those add ons on TOR?

Very bad. The developers explicitly warn you not to install any add-ons, apart from those which come with the package.

If you trust your privacy to theTor browser, then it makes sense that you should trust Tor developers when they tell you that installing extra add-ons is dangerous to your privacy.

Terrible idea.
Installing addons on Tor pretty much ruins the whole point of the browser: to stay anonymous online. When you load up a website, it sends information about your browser config, and if it’s different, then they can profile you without using cookies. Changing anything on Tor browser (including changing the default window size or maximizing it) will distinguish you from other users.
Stick with the main addons NoScript and HTTPS Everywhere. Do not install anything else.

its depends on what addon, if ublock origin then i guess its fine but if it’s closed source weird app then your whole data will be travels over seas (i mean recorded & sold like hotspot shield addon if you remember what happened)

uBlock Origin blocks certain web browser APIs, and allows you to block domains based on blacklists and your own custom list.

Since people can choose which lists they want and can define their own list, they create a web browser behavior that differs from the original behavior. This can even result in unique behavior of your web browser, making it easier to identify certain users.

So, this isn’t a question of open source vs. closed source, but a question of customization. Customization, which can be detected by websites, is the thing you don’t want in your Tor Browser.

Please, do not edit the Tor Browser beyond the default configuration.

first of all: THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS.

"uBlock Origin blocks certain web browser APIs, and allows you to block domains based on blacklists and your own custom list.

Since people can choose which lists they want and can define their own list, they create a web browser behavior that differs from the original behavior. This can even result in unique behavior of your web browser, making it easier to identify certain users.

So, this isn’t a question of open source vs. closed source, but a question of customization. Customization, which can be detected by websites, is the thing you don’t want in your Tor Browser."

so its just not about not adding your new addons is it?

its sounds also like its a bad idea to costumize the settings and the already installed addons that comes with TOR, am i correct?

damn, new tech…xd

Depending on the use you want to do of TOR, you can very well do it, but this way your fingerprinting will be unique, as the FAQ says.

so i guess i want to keep it as i get it and not mess with it to much, right?
that lives one question? what if im going in to a website and the current settings are breaking it?

also in the FAQ they are saying that its a bad to use any other browser besides TOR,
do they mean like is a bad idea to use TOR and another browser at the same time, or once you starting to use TOR you should not uses any other browser at all?!