Honey add on for firefox

Hi Community. I don’t know if this has been asked before and if it has could share the link to the topic but I would like to know if its a good idea to use Honey add on to find coupons online. I like the idea of using it but in trying to use better practices for privacy I would not like to compromise on this. I’m all ears

Every browser add-on can be potentially bad for security and privacy. But without reviewing the full code of the add-on and any server-side services, one can only assume if it is good or bad.

At least, be aware of what is written on the add-on page:

This [add-on] is not monitored for security through Mozilla’s Recommended Extensions program. Make sure you trust it before installing.

• We send anonymized data about coupon codes and information about how Honey is used to contribute back to the community. This data does not contain any personally identifiable information such as names or email addresses, but may include data supplied by the browser such as useragent and IP address (but these are not shared).
  • We communicate the extension’s installation status to joinhoney.com, our website, so features such as Droplist and Honey Gold Bonuses can work, and so any updates to your user profile can be synced between the website and the extension.
  • We log unexpected errors to help our team continuously improve the product.
  • We send pricing and availability data about products you view on stores where Honey is active in order to enable our Droplist/Price History features. You can disable this in your extension preferences.
  • We share limited data with certain affiliates who require it in order to provide confirmation of a purchase. This is done on an as-needed basis with anonymized data only when it’s necessary to credit Honey Gold rewards to our users.
  • We periodically use Facebook pixels to track and credit user referrals and understand how our Facebook ads are performing.

Also see https://www.joinhoney.com/privacy

Thank you so much for the fast reply. I would consider this for practicing good OPSEC

Honey addon, its idea to log everything you buy, that’s it’s logic at least. so if you can use it inside that browser that you don’t use a much or just enable it then get the coupons and then disable it again. and finally DO NOT link account to it and enable cashback because it’s possibility to tied products to you is more high (i mean i assume they already doing it with ID and stuff but to make sure)

thanks for your input. That seems like a nice way to use the feature but not compromising my information.

after re-reading my comment, man i did a lot of typos :joy:

I still got your message across no worries