Google gives boredom to the instances of Invidious

And this on Invidious.snopyta.

The official instance still seems to be working, but for how long? And why didn’t they banned the official’s ip first?

1 Like

Mongibello
When you say “Google blocked my IP address”, does that mean they blocked you from Google only web sites, like Google.com, Google docs and so on, or your while IP from accessing the Internet?
I don’t know what “invidious” is, so I looked it up and there is about a weeks worth of reading to understand it. Its’ why I ask here. Saves time. Hope you don’t mind.

((edited to stop the link to Google-dot-Com they have enough links.))

We have an issue I support on having a section to list Invidious as an alternative frontend for YouTube and Nitter for Twitter. I linked this there as as the timing was good.

there is proxy mode built in invidious to play videos thought proxy so ur ip wont expose
edit: oh nvm its server not normal user…what about use vpn on server itself , im sure there is way to bass it

In the beginning Google was heavenly nice to use.
Now is the one of the most evil entity’s on a planet earth spying on a massive scale on all of its users from which most accept to be tracked in trade for all the free apps and tools used worldwide ,with Adsense and AdWords on 92 % of all active websites. I don t hate them though . I hate the fact that there’s not enough privacy alternatives available tot work out of the box. Coding en learning Linux simply isn’t an option for so many a-technical people.
Yes installing freetube ain’t rocket science but very often privacy Options like dns encryptions , vpn configurations on Unix or a simple Debian instal is almost Chinese por 80 % of the workingclass . Being 100 % private and secure and the internet shouldn’t t be zo complex. Linux is the best for optimal control but Linux can also be so wide, soo many distro and they update as well. The Linux society needs to come together and a max like close os, more open than IOS but way more close ld than a general distro. For 40 years now Mac and Windows have dominated computing and we need an alternative . That a what I dream about everyday A European Alternative Alternatieve for the Desktop Marketing

1 Like

invidio.us does not use proxies, but rather many nodes with a load balancer. Omar Roth said this on the Invidious Matrix room.

1 Like

It looks like Google is thinking of being very hard on invidio.us and its alternate instances. Snopyta complains about rate limiting, in the way that was referred to above. And other instances are just down. I also think invidio.us could go down.

Most of the other privacy-conscious front ends to youtube use the invidio.us instance to work, so if google effectively knocks that out, I don’t know what a good alternative might be – for watching content that appears on youtube (not content alternatives like peertube) without the tracking. Does anyone?

2 Likes

The only thing coming to my mind would be torsocks youtube-dl.

https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/torsocks

https://ytdl-org.github.io/youtube-dl/index.html

2 Likes

Invidious is a site where you can watch videos on Youtube without directly accessing Youtube, a way to watch videos without providing your data to Google. With Invidious you can also watch videos that are blocked for “mature content”, obviously an excuse to force you to register on the platform.
Like SearX, you can create your own instance of this site.

Evidently Google no longer likes this game, and is beginning to block the IPs of these servers.
I hope I’ve made myself quite clear, because I’m not a very technical user.

2 Likes

Well, you’re right … that is a pretty good solution!

1 Like

I understand now and if I can understand it, anyone can - :slight_smile:
Thanks

1 Like