Discussion: Twitter

I don’t know if there is a thread for this yet. But it seems like there is a bunch of different recurring privacy issues on this website, and it’s tipped the alarm on my Terms Of Service Didn’t Read thing on several specific issues.

I had to @ twitter several times now, that I was experiencing abuse on this platform. One recent one is where a bunch of users can simply @ someone, regardless of the relationship with that person. If it were just that issue, it might not be a big deal. But I feel like every new change they make it’s getting more and more haphazard to use.

I’d delete it, but I don’t even have the concentration these days. Even with Discord or Facebook, I don’t get these chain notifications.

Summary

tagging

But I had to tell Twitter to please stop allowing stuff like that, and still they haven’t responded for comment.

4 Likes

It also makes it hard to snapshot, without adversely effecting someone else’s anonymity to explain what exactly is going on.

4 Likes

simple solution (not supported account login) just to increase the value of the topic:
Nitter - front-end alternative of Twitter (https://nitter.net/)
e.g.: twitter.com/privacytoolsio > nitter.net/privacytoolsio

and also an article about former Twitter employees charged with spying for Saudi Arabia by digging into the accounts of kingdom critics:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/former-twitter-employees-charged-with-spying-for-saudi-arabia-by-digging-into-the-accounts-of-kingdom-critics/2019/11/06/2e9593da-00a0-11ea-8bab-0fc209e065a8_story.html

warnings about Washington Post before access the article:
turn tracking off if isnt (they he’ve 12 trackers), and also to remove the bar blocking bc of the ads blocking just search for this line and remove:
<div class="zcaxi___" style="display: block;">

4 Likes

Is there an alternative for Android too?

3 Likes

Alternative:

Now if u’re talking about front-end alternative, that I know, dont have no one for Twitter available as mobile software. The only way to solve this as solution while dont appear a front-end alternative is using through browser, thats the only way.

4 Likes

Yea Mastodon is great. I ended up putting a lot of my fediverse stuff on my youtube-alternative.

( Single user instance of course. )

2 Likes