Discussion: Pleroma

This is an official discussion thread linked from the www.privacytools.io website. This thread can be used for troubleshooting, questions, discussions and if you look for alternatives.

2 Likes

Could someone explain it how this work? It says that it is compatible with mastodon, and I guess other Pleroma instances, so can I do something like a crosspost between these? Also what are the differences between instances and do you know of any that it is more private than other?

This is a bit too wide question for me, but I would say that the UI is closer to Twitter than Mastodon’s which is closer to TweetDeck in my opinion.

Yes, both are using ActivityPub and you can interact with other users regardless of which service they are using.

This is again a wide question, but different instances may have different rules and policies.

This is a bit too wide question for me, but I would say that the UI is
closer to Twitter than Mastodon’s which is closer to TweetDeck in my
opinion.

There is a 1 column layout in Mastodon, which is now default.

Where can it be enabled? Do you have any screenshots? I would be interested in trying it, but I don’t see it in social.privacytools.io which seems to be 3.0.0, while the current version is 3.0.1.

Another Mastodon instance I have an account on got updated and now I know it looks like this.

It is enabled by disabling advanced web interface.

1 Like