Chromium or Firefox issue?

Not entirely sure where to put it, but it has to do with frequently hard computer resets I’ve been having. I’ve been having increasingly frequent computer browser freezes. Give it maybe an hour tops. Eventually I’ll have to completely restart it from the ground up, and completely lose progress on whether it is I was working on.

I’d save what I worked on, but often times at the point it freezes, is precisely when I’m needing to save something.

Is there a chromium based browser that’s causing this issue? Or might it be a firefox based one?

It doesn’t effect localhost apps like syncthing. But that doesn’t matter, as by that point my browsing is so frozen, I can’t do anything.

Just today, I had to restart my computer five different times.

I tried looking up the cause, and it says its a browser plug in issue. But all the plugins I use are from privacy tools.O_o

Seems to be something else to me, probably a virus. Did you scan for malware?

Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Linux doesn’t usually get viruses.

IMO this looks more like a hardware issue but I’m no expert, something like overheating, maybe your fan is working poorly.

From what I’ve read that exploit affected Linux too, but I don’t know if this is the case. Still if you think you have been attacked encrypt your HD, wipe and reinstall.

Yes, it’s unlikely you had infected on linux but you didn’t mention that before. The freezes occur only when you use the browser?

Well, its weird i would say chrome because it’s suck more rams ? im not sure so maybe give it to PC expert to see what apps you using or what your pc components