CanvasBlocker or privacy.resistFingerprinting

Would you prefer using the addon “CanvasBlocker” to spoof / fake your Canvas Fingerprint or enabling “privacy.resistFingerprinting” in order to prevent tracking?

Well, if both do same thing then i would select the firefox settings one because it will be native inside browser itself

Well, if both do same thing then i would select the firefox settings one because it will be native inside browser itself

Same here, but if the add-on is better at spoofing maybe I would use it, it would be cool to hear the opinion of someone with a better understand of how they work.

The privacy.resistFingerprinting switch takes care of many privacy-related settings in Firefox and, when enabled, sets them to certain values. What this achieves is that all browser users with privacy.resistFingerprinting enabled are supposed to blend in, which makes tracking them individually a lot harder.

On the contrary, CanvasBlocker is usually used to fake the browser’s canvas fingerprint. Although, this might make every browser look unique, but by applying the appropriate settings, even the same browser can be made to look unique with every new session. This is also supposed to make tracking harder, because web trackers shouldn’t be able to tell whether they see two different users or the same user coming twice.

However, the former and the latter can be used together. You can read this GitHub issue and the many issues it references for more information.