Can find some VPN that not only meet the existing requirements, but also meet the following requirements to add to the privacytools.io website?

Technology

Minimum to Qualify:

• compatible with routers.

• Unlock Media Sites(Netflix, TVB, YouTube, Spotify, Pandora, Hotstar, BBC iPlayer, HBO GO, Hulu, Showtime, Amazon Prime Video, Sky TV, Kodi, Unblock Geo-restricted Shows etc.)

• backbone built with full redundency desgin + Load balancing.

• V2ray and Clash/Surge support.

Network bandwidth:

• IPLC dedicated transportation & IEPL transportation & CN2 GIA & BGP Connectivity.

Privacy:

Minimum to Qualify:

• Accepts Cryptocurrency(Bitcoin, Ether, XRP, Litecoin, etc.), cash, and/or anonymous payment options (gift cards, etc.)

• Transaction history:store a list of all payment activity per user, which does not contain any information about the user’s payment method.

• P2P BitTorrent support.

These are helpful to people in Dictatorship countries, e.g. Great Firewall of China

Why don’t you like proton or mullvad or ivpn?

Because these are not application in dictator countries, and cannot media unlocked and the speed is very slow.

Proton can unlock it and it’s fast

Have you tried a dictatorship (for example, China)? Make sure that the server line in each country can Unlock Media? And fast?

Have you tried a dictatorship (for example, China)? Make sure that the server line in each country can Unlock Media? And fast?

Since china block every openvpn traffic i don’t think any VPN can bypass china it is fast and i don’t know every counrty can unlock media however us server worked well for me

No, support WireGuard, V2ray / SS / SSR protocol can work normally in China, but it does not meet the privacy and safety requirements(e.g, RixCloud, Nexitally.etc. For more details, please seeduyaoss[Chinese Simplified]).

Sadly I think you would have to run your own VPS server

However, most VPS service providers cannot unlock medium, and cannot switch lines in different countries at any time, and they do not comply with privacy and data security policies.

I can’t comment on all these criteria but about these:

• compatible with routers.
    ---- If the VPN provider supports standard VPN protocols (OpenVPN support is one of PTIOs requirements), this only depends on the router.

• Unlock Media Sites(Netflix, TVB, YouTube, Spotify, Pandora, Hotstar, BBC iPlayer, HBO GO, Hulu, Showtime, Amazon Prime Video, Sky TV, Kodi, Unblock Geo-restricted Shows etc.)
    ---- There’s no magic method to unlock (with the intent of circumventing geo-restrictions or price discrimination) these media sites. They typically block known exit IP addresses of VPN services and if some VPN service works today it may not work tomorrow if they add its IP addresses to the block list. There’s also no way to hide the exit IP address. All you have to do is purchase the VPN service and visit a site or use a service where you can see the IP address. Many media sites buy VPN blocking as a service from companies that specialize in tracking and blocking known VPN providers.
    Additionally, some media sites may use other methods to check if the user is from an allowed country, for example, by checking the bank that issued the credit card of the user.

• Accepts Cryptocurrency(Bitcoin, Ether, XRP, Litecoin, etc.), cash, and/or anonymous payment options (gift cards, etc.)
    ---- Already a requirement at PTIO

• P2P BitTorrent support.
    ---- Port forwarding is already an optional criterion at PTIO and it typically allows most P2P applications to work properly. “No protocol discrimination” is not listed at PTIOs VPN page but those VPN providers listed there don’t do that as far as I can tell.

As for VPN blocking in non-free countries such as China: I’m not very familiar with the blocking technology or how easy it is to recognize OpenVPN/Wireguard/other protocol traffic, but blocking all traffic to the entry addresses of VPN services is always possible, just like media companies block traffic from VPN services.

1 Like