Blokada VPN (New)

Is anyone aware that Blokada 4 now offers an actual VPN service? Although it’s new and appears to only offer two connection servers, I’m wondering if it’s worth having a look at?? Any feedback is appreciated.

I wouldn’t recommend making a purchase, use Orbot to for privacy over networks you don’t trust.

3 Likes

^
|
|
This

1 Like

So there’s still value to using Orbot, even though there’s an official Tor Browser for Android? What would be the advantage of using both? (Or is it just a difference in terminology?) :smiley:

3 Likes

Orbot serves a different purpose, which is why its still in active development by the Guardian Project.

2 Likes

Orbot (if I’m not mistaken) routes all of your apps’ traffic through the Tor network to prevent data leakage, right? Can you use it in conjunction with the Tor Browser for Android app?

Believe it or not, as much as I’d been like “VPNs are bad,” etc., I occasionally use the RiseUp VPN. I do realize that Tor + VPN isn’t necessarily a good thing, but it’s been a challenge to use Tor for “day-to-day” browsing.

1 Like

You can route basically all apps through orbot that use TCP, you can use it side by side with the android Tor Browser, but make sure to not route Tor Browser itself over Tor using orbot, because if Tor Browser connects to Tor itself, and then you route it again over Tor using orbot, you’ll have dual Tor which is problematic because then you stand out like a sore thumb for any potential network analyzers.

1 Like